Questions I typically ask
- What is your current process?
- What are the pain points in the current process?
- How would you define an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)? What are the bare minimum of features of an MVP?
- What would be on your wishlist for a product?
- Creating a shared document where the other person can read and write my notes can also be helpful
Here are 2 great resources for learning the answer to this question:
What happens when you click on a URL in your browser
What happens when you type an URL in the browser and press enter?
The way I learned this was by paraphrasing each sentence and visualizing the actions happening. I also use the GMail snooze feature to first review this every day, then every 3 days, then every week, and now it will probably be every quarter.
I started learning from these awesome resources. They were free because of my local library 🙂
With Lynda (now called LinkedIn Learning) I only took one course on Object Oriented Design and it was very clear and concise.
I am impressed with Team Tree House because it is interactive like Codecademy and in depth as well. They also teach how to use documentation and have small projects along the way.
Check out your local library and see if you can get these resources for free 🙂