Here are a few tips that have helped me on my journey
- Remember my purpose and long-term goal(s).
- Forget about my long-term purpose and goal(s). Instead focus on the next step, or even just doing a few seconds of the next step.
- Write, read, and paraphrase my to dos and goals regularly. I currently email myself my goals and to dos every day.
- When I feel overwhelmed thinking that there is too much to learn, that technology moves fast, I remind myself that is a great thing. The opposite is an industry or a job that never changes, which is mind-numbing and boring. Also new technology is constantly being created to solve problems better, faster, more easily (in theory 🙂
- When I watch an educational video and think to myself, “How can she/he possibly know all of this?” I remind myself, “It is great that she/he knows this and is teaching me. I can cut down on the learning curve by learning from this teacher.”